Saturday, November 17

How Daft is that


I downloaded Untrue by Burial today. What a mind-blowing album. This recent discovery just reinforces my long-held belief that Whitelight should really be my best friend.I feel like making a huge banner scribed with GET IT and flagging it outside my house. And then get t shirts printed with the logo. You know, word of mouth advertising. And someone so brilliant wants to be anonymous? It's a crazy world. If I was that guy, I would have bought myself a house in Bristol and make journalists scamper around for my radical sound bytes. Anyways, so I also got Shocking Pinks which is another indie wonder. And Between Voices by Anti Atlas. The fact that Chris Hufford, manager of Radiohead and Supergrass, is the man behind this outfit might have something to do with the the kind of music it generates. Although if someone downloads this album based on the kind of bands he manages, then please don't come back here to swear at me. It's not as phenomenal as I expected it to be. Now trip hop is probably my favorite genre, so maybe I'm not impressed by yet another hotch-potch of Icelandic totand Japanese vocalists to make the album sound suitably global and inversely, exotic. It's nice, but I might not put it on after a month.

Daft Punk is downloading right now. Been searching Alive, live set for 2 hours now. Everything has been already deleted, now let's hope this is not another empty file. This is one band I'm dying to watch live.

You look at something like this and I get this sinking feeling. Because I'm here. And forced to make do with events like the Sunburn festival where a target of 10,000 people showing up is considered ambitious by most. Now the line-up is good, but there aren't enough funds to have systems that'll reach up the sea. So you're going to have something like this, and then force people to get jostled like ants with no dancing space because the music can't reach wide enough. Last I heard they are going to have sniffer dogs to detect drugs. WTF? And this is at an electronic gig! But how can I blame them, that's how things work here. You first have to suck up to State officials who want free tickets as well as their own sweet conditions on how exactly people should party. If this issue wasn't frivolous, maybe more people would be concerned. I feel like guffawing when people like Nikhil Chinappa proclaim that guys, you don't need drugs to enjoy music. Man, people were fried listening to Velvet Underground. And you're trying to tell me that you're brilliant enough for me to dance on your tunes for 3 hours sober? Seriously? Hahahahahaha

17 comments:

whitelight said...

heh. thanks. thank pitchfork too.

Untrue is a stunning album. absolutely stunning.

whitelight said...

Chinappa is a dick. hate that fucker.

whitelight said...

been tripping on New Order too

LostLittleGirl said...

Yeah, Pitchfork too :) Love New Order, they broke up no? Remember the Donnie Darko soundtrack, I heard Echo & the Bunnymen for the first time, then there was Joy Division.

You heard Messer Chups?

What pisses me off is how that guy has become the head-liner for the electronic scene in India. But he works real hard for it, gotta give him that.

whitelight said...

yeah, kind of. but what music new order made. and joy div is joy div.

LostLittleGirl said...

Yeah I know. Good while it lasts

whitelight said...

got burial's first one too.

whitelight said...

sunday morning with new order's power, corruption & lies. just beautiful.

LostLittleGirl said...

Yeah, I'll get the first Burial tonight. My Sunday morning started with Jai Uttal's Spirit Room. Hehehe. My dad's favorite

Anonymous said...

sigh. yes. i'm searching for alive 2007 too.

Renovatio said...

Hey, I say the same thing about music in my car :p

Renovatio said...

Wait, that may have something to do with the fact that I drive like a maniac, so it's fun anyway.

Mihir Pathare said...

Thanks for the music recommendation. Was getting tired of my old music. ^_^

Mihir Pathare said...

Hm... not what I expected.. I was looking for electronica. >_<

Still, if you like that, you might like this too. :)

Sebrider - Heaven and Sea

Sebrider - Heaven and Sea (torrent link)

Cheers! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

moonstruck maniac said...

Untrue is a great album!!! And yes that Chinappa fucker is worth hating! How was the Sunburn festival anyway? They have made Goa the melting shitpot of everything now; and everyone rushes to it deliberately making it sound so cool. But I hope it was good. I was at the Big Chill last year and was surprised to see the entire MTV/Channel V gang going crazy about the "massive" crowd over there. Remo Fernandes was like, this is just half the bloody crowd that I was expecting. And guess what, Big Chill had to be closed down by 11 on every night because of the police. And this was after they had shifted the venue from Aswem beach to the plains.

moonstruck maniac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.